Monday, November 13, 2006
Been a long time...
Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I wish I could say I took a break to concentrate on a new book or story I was writing. Nope.
I started a new job a few weeks ago. I'm over in the big ole' Pentagon now. And, believe me, this place is HUGE! It's almost a 15 minute walk from the bus stop to my office. I had to get a new pair of comfy shoes on my first day due to the blister that grew from nearly SIX MILES of walking! That's a lot of walking for slightly-too-small Bostonian wingtips.
A couple of small items:
1) Condo associations is stoopid. My condo association folks decided that Saturday would be the perfect time to repaint everybody's front doors. Good idea - 75 degree days in fall are nothing to sneeze at. However, paint requires more than 10 minutes to dry, and we had to leave our front door open all day. No big deal...except the paint didn't dry in the night, and formed a seal with the door frame when closed at night.
Every single door in the complex has this problem. A paint seal around the weatherproofing. Smooth move.
2) My friend Scott is getting married Saturday. Wow...just...wow.
3) The Democrats have control of Congress again. I went to a friends' house to watch the election results. Not because I wanted to, but I wanted to watch people who actually think such things matter.
Was there anything dorkier than the group blogging event at Tryst that night? Gawd, does ANYBODY in DC get laid?
4) Decent bar food is harder to find than you'd like to think. But, so far, I can say with 100% authority that Summer's on Wilson Boulevard has the best Turkey Burger I've ever had. Period. That thing is mind-bogglingly good. I've had many things there - all of which have been good - but that Turkey Burger is off-the-chain good.
5) I dressed up as Earl for Halloween. I was going to be Brian Fontana and Jeff was going to be Ron Burgundy. However, he had a good idea for a costume as a fat lady missing her dog (wedged behind her in her huge arse cheeks was a stuffed puppy), and won 300 bucks in a costume contest.
I did get to grow a sweet porn `stache, though.